- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, seeded, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 2 stale corn tortillas broken into pieces (or equivalent in baked tortilla chips)
- 1 -ounce lowfat Cheddar, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a heavy nonstick skillet, saute the onion with some of the olive oil or cooking spray over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the green onion, garlic, tomato and serrano pepper and cook until the tomato has rendered most of its moisture. Beat the eggs and whites together and add to the sauteed onion mixture, stirring gently. When the eggs are half set, add the tortilla pieces and continue to cook until almost set. Fold in the cheese and cilantro and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.