- Breasts, wings, legs and thighs from 2 chickens
- 2 1/2 pounds all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned salt (recommended: Season-All)
- 1/2 cup poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup dill weed (for that unexpected flavor)
- 1/4 cup rubbed sage
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
Preheat enough canola oil to come about 4 inches up the sides of a deep-fryer to 275 degrees F. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Wash and pat dry the chicken parts. Dip the chicken in the dry mixture and shake off the excess. Carefully add the chicken, in batches, to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes. Chicken will float when done. Drain on paper towels, then arrange the chicken pieces on a serving platter and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.