Monument Cafe Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 pound red potatoes, washed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 parsnips or turnips, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red beet, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano) or 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Roast until the vegetables are cooked through and browned, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Rusty Winkstern, Monument Cafe