Mostly Roasted Veggie Explosion
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 eggplant, ends removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves
- 6 to 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-wide sticks
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, stems removed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Cut eggplant lengthwise into six to eight 1/4-inch slices. Blot excess moisture from the slices with paper towels. Arrange the eggplant slices flat on the sheets. Sprinkle veggies with the salt and black pepper.
Roast the veggies until tender, about 15 minutes.
Once the veggies are cool enough to handle, place one basil leaf lengthwise on an eggplant slice. Add a cherry tomato at the short base of the slice. Roll up the eggplant around the tomato and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with all of the other eggplant slices.
If you like, refrigerate the eggplant rolls and roasted veggies until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.
When it's time to serve, arrange the roasted veggies on a platter with the jicama and sugar snap peas.
PER SERVING (1/8th of platter): 70 calories, <0.5g fat, 97mg sodium, 15.5g carbs, 7g fiber, 6g sugars, 3g protein
Thank you! your flag was submitted.