- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pound lamb meat, 1/2 to 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup (about) tomato paste
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Remove stems and seeds from jalapenos (wear gloves!).
To a food processor, add: jalapenos, black pepper, coriander, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cloves, garlic and ginger and process to a paste-like consistency.
Melt butter in large pot. Cook onion until soft and golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add spice paste and lamb, and cook 5 to 7 minutes stirring often.
Add tomato paste, broth and salt. Bring to a simmer, stir occasionally, and cook 30 minutes.
Add the carrots, apples and potato, and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Add peas and cook 5 minutes more. Serve and be hooked!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.