Oven Roasted Salmon with Potatoes, Beets, and Fennel
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges, about 3 large potatoes
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 pound beets, tops removed, peeled, cut into wedges, about 3 large beets
- 1 large head fennel, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced horizontally
- 4 tablespoons tapenade vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Tapenade, recipe follows
- 2 slices toast spread with 2 tablespoons tapenade, cut in 1/2
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Place potatoes in a plastic bag with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and shake to coat. Pour onto 1 side of a cookie sheet. Place beets in same bag, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and shake to coat. Pour onto same cookie sheet as potatoes, but keep divided. Place fennel in same bag with remaining teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and shake to coat. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Cook all vegetables, turning once until golden and cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
Place salmon, skin side down, in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook until fork tender and cooked through, about 15 to 17 minutes.
Distribute orange slices among serving plates. Distribute potatoes, beets and fennel. Divide salmon into four pieces. Place one piece on each plate. Drizzle one tablespoon tapenade vinaigrette per plate over salmon and veggies.Tapenade Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup tapenade, recipe follows
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk together all ingredients in a small non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings.Tapenade:
2 cups pitted nicoise olives
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and combined. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.