Pacific Rim Chicken Burgers with Ginger Mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki glaze
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for hands
- 4 sesame buns, split and toasted
- 4 leaves red lettuce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, halved, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Ginger Mayonnaise, recipe follows
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, panko, egg, green onions, chopped cilantro, garlic, chili sauce, and salt. With oiled hands, form mixture into 4 patties. In a small bowl, mix together the teriyaki glaze and honey.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken patties and cook on both sides, brushing each side with the teriyaki-honey mixture, about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Place burgers on toasted buns and top with lettuce, cucumber, and Ginger Mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and cucumber slices.Ginger Mayonnaise:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.