- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 peeled plum tomatoes, crushed, from a can
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked cannelloni beans, cooking water reserved
- 1 pound cooked ditalini pasta, cooking water reserved
In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the oil, garlic, and hot pepper flakes over medium-low heat. As soon as the garlic begins to color, add the tomatoes and salt. With a wooden spoon, break up the larger pieces of tomato. Increase the heat slightly and sizzle for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked beans and enough bean water to cover. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and simmer gently over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water if necessary.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.