- 1 gallon salted water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta or slab bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh linguini
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 eggs, separated
Put the water in a large pasta pot and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
Add the oil and pancetta to a large saute pan over low heat. Cook the pancetta until crisp, being careful not to burn it, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 5 seconds. Add the wine, cream and black pepper. Cook until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Drop the fresh linguini into water and stir to separate strands. When pasta is just undercooked remove it from the water and add it to the pan with the sauce. Gently stir for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat, add 1/2 the cheese and the egg white and stir, being careful not to break the noodles. Add the egg yolk and lightly toss. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl or platter and garnish with the remaining cheese. Enjoy.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.