Recipe courtesy of Patrick and Gina Neely
Recipe courtesy Pat and Gina Neely for Food Network Magazine
- 1 1/4 cups cooked long-grain rice, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup leftover gorgonzola cream sauce, plus more for dipping
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons leftover barbecue butter, softened
- 4 leftover stalks grilled asparagus, cut into thirds
- 6 ounces leftover grilled flank steak, cut into 12 1/2-inch-wide slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the rice, cream sauce and gorgonzola in a large bowl until the rice is coated and creamy. Form 1 heaping tablespoon of rice into a small sushi-like cylinder. Repeat to make 12 pieces. Place a small dollop of the butter on each cylinder and top with a piece of asparagus, pressing gently into the rice. Refrigerate the rice cylinders until set, about 10 minutes.
Wrap a slice of steak around each rice piece and season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional sauce for dipping.
Photograph by Tina Rupp
Thank you! your flag was submitted.