- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat
- 6 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, seafood seasoning, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, bell peppers, green onions and egg yolks. Gently stir in the crabmeat. Put the breadcrumbs on a cookie sheet. Mold the crab cake with one hand and pat the cake with bread crumbs using the other hand. Form into 10 crab cakes, 3 inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. Each cake will need 3/4 cup bread crumbs.
Heat 4 cups of oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of crab cakes and fry in the oil, turning 3 of 4 times until crispy on outside, about 5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining crab cakes. Serve hot.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.