- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat
- 6 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, seafood seasoning, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, bell peppers, green onions and egg yolks. Gently stir in the crabmeat. Put the breadcrumbs on a cookie sheet. Mold the crab cake with one hand and pat the cake with bread crumbs using the other hand. Form into 10 crab cakes, 3 inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. Each cake will need 3/4 cup bread crumbs.
Heat 4 cups of oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of crab cakes and fry in the oil, turning 3 of 4 times until crispy on outside, about 5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining crab cakes. Serve hot.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse