Kentucky Colonel Barbecue Pork Chops
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper
- 1 clove garlic or 1 tablespoon powdered garlic
- 10 (1-inch thick) pork chops
Combine all ingredients except for the pork chops and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat and cool. Refrigerate sauce overnight to blend flavors.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
Apply sauce to chops with dish mop or paint brush. Grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-well. Baste with sauce each time they are turned.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.