- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds pea shoots, rinsed, dried, and cut into 2inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over mediumlow heat. Add the ginger and the garlic and saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the pea shoots, increase the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the soy sauce and the pepper and toss to mix. Serve immediately, scattered with the sesame seeds.