Peter Rodenburg Omelet
- 1 -ounce cabbage stalk, cut into matchstick slivers
- 1 teaspoon parsley stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 1/2 ounces onion, finely sliced
- 6 ounces white cabbage, finely sliced
- 6 ounces shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- Garlic, salt, white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place cabbage stalks, parsley stalks, chilli and soya sauce and allow to stand at least 1 hour. Place clarified butter into frypan and add the onions, toss lightly and add the cabbage, stir and cook 1 minute, add soya sauce mixture. Stir until soya sauce is well distributed. Add the shrimps. Stir lightly with a fork, cover saucepan tightly, remove from heat. Mix eggs with cream, season with garlic, salt and pepper. Heat an omelet pan and add the butter and sufficient eggs and cream to make one omelet. Stir well and when evenly cooked but still moist and runny on top, add one portion of the prepared filling. Turn omelet onto dish, place a small piece of butter on top and garnish with parsley. Continue until 4 omelets are made.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.