- Pork Butt:
- 1 family-size pork butt
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- MOGridder's Dry Rub Barbecue Seasoning, recipe follows
- MOGridder's Barbecue Sauce, for serving, recipe follows
- MOGridder's Dry Rub Barbecue Seasoning:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw or granulated brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- MOGridder's Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
Season the pork butt in this order: salt, granulated garlic, black pepper and MOGridder's Dry Rub Barbecue Seasoning.
Smoke the pork in a smoker at 220 degrees F until fork tender, about 10 1/2 hours.
Remove from the smoker and chop the meat. Serve with MOGridder's Barbecue Sauce.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.MOGridder's Dry Rub Barbecue Seasoning: MOGridder's Barbecue Sauce:
Combine the sugar, black pepper, salt, granulated garlic, oregano and thyme in a medium, nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Stir in enough vinegar to make a loose paste.
In a bowl, combine the ketchup, molasses, mustard and cayenne. Incorporate into the paste. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer until thick, about 20 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Pork Chops with Long Hots and Yellow Bell Peppers, Pork Chops with Orange Soy Glaze and Udon Noodles, Pork Chops with Toasted Spice Rub and Apple Dressing, Sweet and Sour Pork Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Pork Chop Recipes, Pork Recipes, Pork Roast Recipes, Pulled Pork Recipes