Pork Slices in Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin (2 whole tenderloins)
- For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions (green and white parts) minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup dry Sherry
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
In a carbon-steel wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat until just smoking. Add the scallions and ginger, and stir-fry until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the pork, reserving any remaining marinade, and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until the pork is just done.
Add the green and red peppers, and stir-fry for another minute. Add the hoisin sauce, sherry, salt, and black pepper, and combine. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the marinade remaining in the bowl and add to the wok. Toss to blend well.
Remove from the heat, drizzle with the sesame oil, and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Scallops, Okra, and Tomatoes in Coconut Curry Sauce, Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops with Andouille Hollandaise and Smothered Greens, Grilled Pork and Pineapple Skewers with Achiote Sauce, Easy Stir-Frying, Stir-Frying, Chinese, Asian, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes