Portobello Bread Pudding
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups chiffonade of spinach
- 3 cups day old French bread, cubed in 1/2inch squares
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Lightly brown the garlic, remove from heat and toss with the spinach. Place on top of the bread cubes.
Return skillet to the heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sear the portobello slices on both sides and arrange in a circle overlapping on the top of the spinach. Add more olive oil as needed. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Beat eggs and add the half and half, cream, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake for 30 minutes
Recipe Courtesy of Kathy Cary
Recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson