Potato and Bacon Hash with Bell Peppers
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 (1-inch) wide piece of slab bacon cut into lardons
- 1 onion, cut into small dice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 8 potatoes, peeled, chopped into small dice and blanched
- Salt and pepper
In a skillet (cast iron if available) cook bacon to render fat. Strain fat from bacon and set aside. Reserve bacon on paper towels. Use 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to saute onions, garlic and bell peppers until soft. Add potatoes and cook until tender and crispy. Add reserved bacon and season to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.