Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- For spicy rice:
- 1 teaspoon each coriander seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds
- 2 cups basmati rice, prepared according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders, diced
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced, mild to extra spicy
- 1 to 2 inches fresh ginger root, minced or grated, mild to extra spicy
- 1 large yellow skinned onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can chicken broth, about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons curry paste, mild or hot
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mincemeat
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Toppings and garnishes, mix and match:
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or Spanish peanuts
- 1 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1 /4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
Prepare rice to package directions. For spicy rice, toast coriander, cumin and mustard seeds in the bottom of a medium saucepan in 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. When seeds pop and you can smell seasonings, add water and prepare rice as directed.
Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and lightly brown. Remove chicken. To same pan, add garlic, ginger and onions and saute together for 3 to 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth to the pan and bring to a bubble. Add curry paste and mincemeat and reduce heat to medium low. Add chicken pieces back to the pan. Taste and add a little salt, if you feel it necessary. Simmer curry 5 to 10 minutes.
Assemble your toppings in small dishes. Serve curry in shallow bowls with scoops of rice or spiced Basmati. Garnish with any or all of your toppings.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Curry-in-a-Hurry Rotisserie Chicken Salad, Stuffed Chicken Breast in Curry Sauce over Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower, Butter Chicken (Indian Chicken in Tomato Cream Sauce), Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.