- 1 package, 5 to 7 ounces, white and wild rice (recommended: Uncle Ben's or Near East brands) cooked to package directions -- either chicken or herb flavors are fine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces, 8 ounces each, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup water, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half or 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup, 1 (2-ounce) package chopped walnuts, available on baking aisle, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Edible flowers (available in produce section with herbs) for garnish
Cook rice according to package directions.
Preheat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown and cook chicken, 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken to a plate and cover. Reduce heat a bit. Add vinegar and water, scrape up pan drippings. Stir in tomato paste, cream, half-and-half or sour cream and tarragon. Remove from heat.
Toss nuts and parsley with cooked rice. Slice chicken on an angle and arrange on a bed of rice. Top with sauce and serve. Garnish plate with edible flowers and tarragon.