Chicken Parm Pizza
- 1 store bought pizza dough
- Cornmeal or flour, for dough
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (2 turns of the pan plus a drizzle)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Couple pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- Couple pinches dried oregano
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone
- 5 to 6 leaves basil, torn or shredded
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Coat hands and work surface with a little cornmeal or flour. Using your hand or a rolling pin, form a 14-inch round pizza. Place pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone and poke the top with a few holes. Drizzle a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil down over the dough and place in oven. Bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add meat and break it up with a wooden spoon. To browned meat, add garlic and onions, then season with salt and pepper. Cook together 5 to 6 minutes then add parsley, red pepper flakes, oregano and the tomatoes to the pan. Heat the sauce through.
Remove pizza from oven after 10 minutes and top with sauce and cheeses. Return to oven and bake until golden and bubbly, another 10 to12 minutes. Top the pizza with basil, cut and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray