- 1 12 ounce box egg fettuccini pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg, eyeball it
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 12 extra large eggs, beaten
- HamSteaks, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a large nonstick skillet with oven safe handle over medium high heat. If all of your skillets have rubber handles, cover handle tightly in foil to protect it. Add oil and butter and melt together. Add cream and reduce for about 3 minutes. Add cheese and nutmeg, salt and pepper. Toss sauce with cooked pasta to coat. Add parsley and beaten eggs to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Allow the eggs to set up on the bottom of the pan and become firm. Transfer pan to hot oven and bake 10 minutes, until golden. Serve from the pan or transfer to a platter. Serve hot or cold, cutting frittata into wedges and serve with Ham Steaks.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 large ham steaks, cut in halves