Great Goulash: Ground Turkey Paprikash and Macaroni
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package, 1 1/3 pounds average weight, ground lean white turkey
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock, available in small 8 ounce paper containers on soup aisle of market
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
Bring a pot of water to boil for pasta. When it comes to a boil, add pasta and salt to season the cooking water. Cook pasta 6 minutes to al dente.
While water comes to a boil and pasta cooks, heat a deep skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil then butter then ground meat. Break up meat and crumble, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, onions, red bell peppers and seasonings to the turkey. Cook 5 or 6 minutes then add chicken stock and sour cream to the pan. Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to low. Add cooked pasta and stir. Let pasta absorb some sauce, a minute or so. Adjust seasonings and serve. Garnish the prepared dish with chopped parsley and dill.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.