- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound penne with ridges (penne rigate)
- 12 ounces Greek feta, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat the EVOO in a large skillet or pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium to medium-high heat. Melt the butter into the oil. When the butter begins to foam, add the oregano, garlic and onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the tomatoes have burst and the sauce is thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
Stir the sauce, then add the feta and cook until melted, about 1 minute. Add the pasta and the reserved cooking liquid and toss to combine, 1 to 2 minutes. Top with the mint and parsley, and serve.