Green Bean and Bass Pouches
- 1 pound trimmed fresh green beans
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 baby bok choy, sliced lengthwise
- 12 thin slices peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/3 palmful
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, 2/3 palmful (recommended: Old Bay)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) black bass or sea bass fillets
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut off 4 large rectangles of foil, 16 to 18 inches each. Put a piece of the foil on a baking sheet and spread the other 3 across the countertop. Scatter 1/4 of the beans, peppers, and bok choy in the center of each piece of foil. Arrange 3 slices of ginger on top of each vegetable stack. Combine the coriander, seafood seasoning, and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl, then sprinkle the mixture over the top of the fish. Arrange the fillets over the vegetables.
In a small bowl combine the hoisin with the orange juice, then drizzle the sauce evenly over the fish. Sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro and fold the long sides of the foil up over the fish. Roll the foil down a few turns to secure, then roll in the short sides to close the packet. Once the packets are formed you should be able to line them up on a large baking sheet. Bake until the fish is just opaque (open 1 packet to check), about 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the pouches onto serving plates. Open the pouches, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.