Grilled Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana
- 2 pounds thin cut chicken breast, cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, such as Muir Glenn brand
- 1 cup, 20 leaves, fresh basil leaves, shredded or torn
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced
Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to keep it from sticking to the grill. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side and transfer to a foil covered platter to hold. If you are using a grill pan, cook the chicken in 2 batches if necessary. While chicken cooks, make sauce.
Place a medium pot on the stove over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and chopped onions. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes and heat through, 2 minutes. Wilt in the basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Preheat the broiler to high.
Layer the chicken with fire roasted sauce in a casserole dish. Top the casserole with Parmigiano and mozzarella. Brown the casserole under the broiler 3 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
The Ultimate Barbecued Chicken(00:04:07)
Simply Grilled Chicken Breasts(00:02:24)
Pat's Beer-Can Grilled Chicken(00:03:34)
Honey Orange BBQ Chicken(00:01:21)
Neelys' Grilled Jerk Chicken(00:03:40)
Chicken With Basil Dressing(00:03:28)
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri