Grilled Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana
- 2 pounds thin cut chicken breast, cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, such as Muir Glenn brand
- 1 cup, 20 leaves, fresh basil leaves, shredded or torn
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced
Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to keep it from sticking to the grill. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side and transfer to a foil covered platter to hold. If you are using a grill pan, cook the chicken in 2 batches if necessary. While chicken cooks, make sauce.
Place a medium pot on the stove over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and chopped onions. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes and heat through, 2 minutes. Wilt in the basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Preheat the broiler to high.
Layer the chicken with fire roasted sauce in a casserole dish. Top the casserole with Parmigiano and mozzarella. Brown the casserole under the broiler 3 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Lemon and Black Pepper and Arugula-Tomato Salad, Grilled Vietnamese-style Chicken Wings, Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Easy Mexican, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Mozzarella, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.