Gutsy Red Pepper Gazpacho
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 slices white bread, crust removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can stewed diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Blue corn tortilla chips
Place peppers in food processor and puree. Add sugar, jalapeno, bread, garlic, tomato sauce, tomatoes and process until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of water to thin soup, if necessary. Add vinegar and oil, pulse-process and season soup with salt, to taste.
Serve immediately or chill. Garnish cups of soup with chopped red onion and pass blue corn chips for dipping into soup at table.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.