Note: you must use 2 mini-muffin tins with 2-inch cups to make these easy party bites. These tins can be found on the baking aisle in larger markets or at many discount stores. Most hold 12 mini-muffins per tin, some hold 24. This recipe will make 24 pieces.
- 1/4 pound deli sliced Swiss cheese, finely chopped
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons snipped or chopped chives
- A few grinds black pepper
- 8 eggs, or 1 pint egg beaters
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together the chopped cheese, Canadian bacon, and chives and season with a few grinds of pepper. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Brush the muffin tins with melted butter. Using a teaspoon, fill the 24 mini-muffin cups halfway with the cheese mixture. Using a ladle, fill the cups to just below the edge with the beaten eggs. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Remove and let cool to handle, then arrange the egg bites on a plate and serve.