Jumbo Shrimp Wrapped with Arugula and Prosciutto
- 18 cooked, frozen jumbo shrimp, defrosted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 2 cups trimmed arugula leaves
- 9 slices imported prosciutto, 1/3 pound
- 18 grape tomatoes
- 18 party picks, 3 or 4 inches long
Place shrimp in shallow dish and add lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, pepper and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss shrimp to coat evenly with dressing. Arrange the arugula in piles of 2 or 3 leaves, working with 6 piles at a time. Pile up 3 slices of prosciutto and cut in half across.
To assemble the shrimp, place 1 shrimp on each pile of 2 or 3 arugula leaves then wrap the leaves up with the shrimp using the prosciutto. Assemble 6 pieces at a time, like an assembly line. Nest a grape tomato into the curve of the prosciutto wrapped shrimp and secure into place with a party pick.
Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter and don't forget to put out a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails of shrimp and party picks, once guests finish the appetizers.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri