Jumbo Shrimp Wrapped with Arugula and Prosciutto
- 18 cooked, frozen jumbo shrimp, defrosted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 2 cups trimmed arugula leaves
- 9 slices imported prosciutto, 1/3 pound
- 18 grape tomatoes
- 18 party picks, 3 or 4 inches long
Place shrimp in shallow dish and add lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, pepper and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss shrimp to coat evenly with dressing. Arrange the arugula in piles of 2 or 3 leaves, working with 6 piles at a time. Pile up 3 slices of prosciutto and cut in half across.
To assemble the shrimp, place 1 shrimp on each pile of 2 or 3 arugula leaves then wrap the leaves up with the shrimp using the prosciutto. Assemble 6 pieces at a time, like an assembly line. Nest a grape tomato into the curve of the prosciutto wrapped shrimp and secure into place with a party pick.
Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter and don't forget to put out a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails of shrimp and party picks, once guests finish the appetizers.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray