Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with BLT Smashed Potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, ground chipotle chili powder or ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce - eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 splashes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 1/2 pounds small red skin new potatoes
- 1 leek, trimmed of tough tops
- 4 slices thick cut smoky bacon, chopped, such as applewood smoked bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream, to pass at table
Mix garlic, steak seasoning, smoked paprika, chipotle or cumin, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil. Place meat in shallow dish and coat it evenly in marinade. Let stand 15 minutes.
Cut larger potatoes in half, leave very small potatoes whole. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes 12 to 15 minutes until tender.
Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
Cut leek in half lengthwise. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Place leeks in big bowl of water and release all the dirt from them with a good swish, separating all the layers. Drain leeks in a colander.
Grill flank steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
Put a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil into a hot nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook bacon 3 to 5 minutes until it begins to crisp and has rendered most of its fat. Add leeks to the skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes more until the leeks are tender.
Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot. Smash the potatoes with the chicken stock. Add the BLT: bacon, leeks and tomatoes to the potatoes and continue to smash. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to your taste.
Remove flank steak from grill and let juices redistribute before slicing. Thinly slice meat on an angle, cutting the meat against the grain. Serve sliced flank steak next to BLT potatoes and top potatoes with a dollop of sour cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Marinated Flank Steaks, Marinated and Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Yucca Fries and Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion Salad, Cilantro-Tequila Marinated and Grilled Flank Steak with Peppers, Guacamole and Chipotle Mayonnaise, Easy Grilling, Prime Rib Recipes, Sweet Potato Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Potato Recipes