Sausage, Beans and Broccoli Rabe Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 1/4 pounds Italian bulk sweet sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chopped broccoli rabe and greens
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano, to pass at table
Heat medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sausage and brown. Add veggies, bay leaf and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook mixture 5 minutes to begin to soften the vegetables. Add rabe and wilt. Add stock and cover pot. Raise heat and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve soup with grated cheese, for topping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.