- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 thin veal cutlets (sometimes labeled scallopine; 4 to 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil or vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for cooking the eggs
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Lettuce, for serving
- 4 rolls
- 8 anchovy fillets
Put the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly beat 2 eggs in another shallow dish. Mix the breadcrumbs and nutmeg in a third dish.
Pound the veal cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge the veal in flour, then dip in the beaten eggs and coat with the breadcrumbs.
Heat a thin layer of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the veal cutlets until deep golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a rack to drain.
Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons butter and heat until the foam subsides. Add the capers and parsley and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Swirl in the lemon juice and remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, heat a pat of butter in another skillet over medium heat. Crack the remaining 4 eggs into the skillet and fry over easy.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.