Sesame Five-Spice Roasted Nuts
- 1 cup peeled whole almonds, available in bulk foods section of market
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, available in bulk foods sections of market
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons five- spice powder (ground star anise, Szechuan peppercorn, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed), available on spice aisle
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup smoked almonds, such as Diamond brand, available on snack aisle
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F. Roast peeled almonds and hazelnuts about 7 to 8 minutes; your nose will know when they're done.
Toast sesame seeds over medium heat in a small skillet 2 minutes, remove and reserve. Add butter and melt it. Add the five-spice powder, hot sauce. Add roasted nuts, smoked nuts and toss to coat in butter. Add sesame seeds and toss with nuts, transfer to a small bowl and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray