- 1 (3-inch) thick rib-eye or bone in Delmonico steak, about 1 1/2 pounds (24 ounces)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for coating and liberal drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh oregano or marjoram
- 2 lemon wedges
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and the oven to 375 degrees F.
Coat meat in olive oil, season with pepper then throw a rosemary sprig into pan and set steak on top. Caramelize the meat evenly on both sides then transfer to oven until cooked to desired doneness, 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
Drizzle a carving board with olive oil, place steak on board. Let steak rest then thinly slice against the grain and dress the thinly sliced meat with olive oil, herbs and salt, tossing with tongs to combine. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.