Spaghetti alla Ceci
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can, chick peas, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can, crushed tomatoes
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmiginao-Reggiano, to pass at table
Boil water for pasta, salt it, and cook spaghetti to al dente.
While spaghetti cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Place chick peas in food processor and pulse grind them to a fine chop. Add chick peas to garlic and season them with thyme, salt and pepper then saute them for 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine or broth and cook down 30 seconds or so then stir in tomatoes and adjust seasoning. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Top with parsley and grated cheese.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray