- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can, chick peas, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can, crushed tomatoes
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmiginao-Reggiano, to pass at table
Boil water for pasta, salt it, and cook spaghetti to al dente.
While spaghetti cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Place chick peas in food processor and pulse grind them to a fine chop. Add chick peas to garlic and season them with thyme, salt and pepper then saute them for 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine or broth and cook down 30 seconds or so then stir in tomatoes and adjust seasoning. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Top with parsley and grated cheese.