Spinach Fettuccini with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 (12-ounce) packages spinach fettuccini, 18 ounces total
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, cut into small pieces
- A few leaves fresh sage, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
Heat water to a boil for pasta, salt water and cook pasta to al dente.
Heat butter in a large sauce pot with butter, add garlic, cook 2 minutes then whisk in flour, cook 1 minute. Whisk in stock then cream, bring to a bubble and stir in Gorgonzola, about 2 minutes until melted. Stir in sage and a little pepper and cook 3 minutes more.
In a serving bowl toss hot pasta with sauce and fresh spinach to wilt in.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger