- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon crab boil seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp peeled and de-veined*
- 12 to 15 blades fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
*Ask for easy-peel raw deveined shrimp at seafood counter of market
Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
Combine lime juice, hot sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes and seafood seasoning blend.
Quickly saute garlic and shallots in oil and butter for 1 minute, add shrimp and cook 3 minutes, tossing and turning frequently. Dump pink, firm, cooked shrimp from hot pan into hot seasoning blend and toss in seasoning mixture to coat shrimp evenly. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve warm or chilled.