- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk or half-and-half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a couple of handfuls
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 12 large fresh spinach and cheese ravioli, about 3/4 pound
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
Beat eggs and a splash of milk seasoned with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs with cheese and parsley in a second dish. Coat the fresh pasta in egg then bread crumbs. Heat 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat in a skillet then toast the ravioli until deep golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
In a small sauce pot heat the remaining extra-virgin olive oil and the garlic and red pepper flakes over medium low heat. Grind the roasted peppers in the food processor and add to garlic after it sautes for a couple of minutes. Stir in tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, transfer sauce to a small bowl. Surround the sauce with toasted ravioli for dipping and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray