Leftover Thanksgiving Panini
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 slices sourdough sandwich bread
- 2 slices Swiss
- 1/3 cup shredded leftover roasted Thanksgiving turkey
- 3 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup leftover dressing
- 2 tablespoons leftover giblet gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Spread the mustard on both slices of bread, then lay a slice of cheese on each piece. On one slice, arrange the turkey and the cranberry sauce. On the other slice, lay on the dressing and spoon the gravy over the top.
Carefully unite the two halves into one sandwich, then spread the top side of the bread with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
Invert the sandwich, butter-side down, onto a hot panini maker (or a grill pan or skillet over medium-low heat). Spread the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
Close the panini maker and grill the sandwich until the bread is crusty and golden, the fillings are hot, and the cheese is melted. Flip the sandwich halfway through to grill the other side.
Pull it off the heat and slice it in half! This sandwich is to die for.
If you use a grill pan or skillet, place a second heavy pan or skillet on top of the sandwich to press it.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond