Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and rinsed
- 1 1/2 sticks regular salted butter, plus more for dotting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup or so half-and-half
- A splash heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 to 5 heads roasted garlic
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Dice the potatoes and boil in a pot of water until fork tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain and return to the pan over low heat. Mash the potatoes for 5 minutes to allow a lot of the steam to escape.
Add the butter, cream cheese, half-and-half, cream, some salt, pepper and roasted garlic. Stir/mash to combine. Test and adjust the seasonings.
Cook Notes: Potatoes can be made 1 day ahead of time and baked the next day.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond