Risotto alla Valdostana
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces minced shallots
- 12 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, washed, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 1/4 pounds arborio rice
- 40 ounces white chicken stock, heated
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan
- 4 ounces grated Fontina
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces Italian parsley leaves, washed, excess moisture removed and minced
- Salt and pepper
Heat butter in a large saute pan set over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent.
Add mushrooms and saute until cooked through. Add rice and stir until well coated.
Add 2 cups of chicken stock and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring continuously. Add remaining stock in small quantities (as above), stirring continuously until liquid is absorbed before adding more.
After about 10 minutes, add diced yellow bell pepper. Continue to cook. When the rice becomes creamy and the grains al dente, add cheeses, and stir well. Add cream, parsley, and adjust seasonings.
Recipe courtesy Chris Young
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali