Arctic Circle Crab Crostini
- Apricot Fennel Marmalade:
- 3 stalks fennel, shaved with a mandoline
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot marmalade
- Crab crostini:
- 1 large red onion, diced fine
- 1 fresh lime, zest grated and juiced
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound cooked Dungeoness crabmeat, picked through to remove remnants of shells
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread, sliced on the diagonal into 16 (1/2-inch) slices and lightly toasted
- 16 small parsley sprigs, for garnish
In a small saucepan, combine shaved fennel, onion, sugar and marmalade and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine onion, lime zest and juice, mustard and mayonnaise in a bowl, and then fold crabmeat into the mixture so that it's just combined and the crab is not broken or mashed. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Using a melon baller, or small scoop, spoon seafood mixture onto bread and bake briefly in oven until seafood balls are lightly browned.
Garnish crab with marmalade and parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.