Asian Salad with Sesame Dressing
- Sesame dressing:
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 shallot clove, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons tahini or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 6 cups mixed mesclun greens, soaked in salt water to remove grit, dried in a salad spinner and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup baby corn from a jar or can
- 1 (8-ounce) can Mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and sliced julienne
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed to remove any tinny taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
DirectionsFor the dressing:
Add 1 at a time through the feed tube of a running blender, vinegar, shallot, salt, pepper, tahini, and sesame seeds. Leaving the blender running add the oil in a slow thin stream. Set aside briefly.
Toss greens, corn, orange, bell pepper, water chestnuts, and tomatoes together in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Serve with additional dressing on the side.
2008, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved.