- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large white onion
- 3 cloves whole garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 brioche rolls or roll of choice
- 8 slices havarti cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
Heat grill to medium.
Finely grind the chicken breast, onion, garlic and ginger together and place in a medium bowl. Add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix thoroughly. Shape this mixture into 2 by 1-inch patties and let rest in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Toast the brioche rolls, then grill the chicken patties for about 5 to 6 minutes over a medium heat. (Don't try to cook faster over high heat as the outside will be cooked and not the inside.)
To finish, place 1 patty on the bottom of each toasted bun, top with cheese, sliced tomato, onion and iceberg lettuce and cover with the bun top.