Bering Sea Shrimp with Spicy Glaze
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 25 min
- 15 min
- approximately 50 hors d'oeuvres size servings
- Spicy glaze:
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stems and seeds removed and minced (use gloves when handling these or any hot peppers)
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 liter canola oil, or enough as needed to deep-fry
- 2 (21 to 25 size) pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Irvine Spices Blackfish Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
In a small sauce pot, combine jalapeno, mango juice, vinegar, chili flakes, and fish sauce. Let reduce and thicken over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in honey. Keep warm.
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F. Shake flour, cornstarch, Blackfish Seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, cardamom, ground ginger, and salt together in a plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag in small batches and shake to coat with flour mixture. Deep-fry until golden brown.
Remove to paper toweling to drain and coat with glaze. Use cocktail toothpicks to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Creamy Herbed Rock Shrimp in Roasted Tomatoes, Momma's Shrimp and Tada Salad, Pancetta Wrapped Bayou La Batre Shrimp with Rikards Mill Yellow Corn Grits and Grilled Heirloom Tomatoes, Pork Loin Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Meat Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Shellfish, Garlic Chicken Recipes