Blackened Chicken with Fruit Salsa
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup canned diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons julienned red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced mint leaves
- 6 (6 to 8-ounce) chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons blackening spice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and sambal. Add the raspberries, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, red onion, cilantro and mint and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, ensuring flavors are well blended.
Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry with a paper towels, then generously coat with the blackening seasoning. In a large heavy-bottom pan, over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil and allow the oil to heat. Carefully add the chicken, cover and cook for 4 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and turn the chicken over. Repeat the cooking process until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, normally taking 13 to 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan to a serving platter to allow it to rest and finish cooking. When the temperature reaches 165 degrees F serve with the fruit salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.