Crab and Sushi Rice Fritters
- 1 quart canola oil (approximately, as needed for deep frying)
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 tablespoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs (Japanese)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cocktail sauce, for dipping
Heat oil to 375 degrees F in a deep fryer.
Mix rice, crab boil seasoning, mayonnaise, parsley and lemon juice. Fold in crabmeat, trying to avoid breaking up lumps. Mix rice flour and bread crumbs, and season with salt and pepper. Form crab mixture into "cocktail size" balls and roll into flour/bread crumb mixture to coat. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown and drain. Serve with cocktail sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Cook's Note: Sushi rice is short-grained rice tossed with a dressing of vinegar, sugar and salt. Asian markets carry a packaged mix of this dressing as well as the short-grained rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Herb Crusted Softshell Crabs with a Fresh Tomato Risotto, Cornmeal-Crusted Soft-Shelled Crabs with Cilantro-Lime Tartar Sauce, Apricot Rice Pudding, Dinner Parties Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes, Crab Dip Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes