Masters Marinated Salmon
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced away from the seed
- 3 to 4 stalks fresh lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed and main yellowish stalk bruised with the side of a knife and cut into manageable lengths (about 2 inches)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only
- 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger root, skin scraped off with the tip of a spoon, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1/4 cup Irvine Spices "Roland" Sriracha Chili Sauce or sambal oelek (chili sauce)
- 1/2 cup dry Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (8-ounce) portions of salmon
For the marinade: Add 1 at a time through the feed opening of a running blender, the mango, tender parts of lemongrass, cilantro, scallions, shallot, and ginger root until they begin to form a paste. Leave the blender running and through the feed opening add the curry paste and sriracha chili sauce and blend together for a few seconds, then continue by adding the liquids 1 at a time: Chardonnay, soy sauce, orange juice, and coconut milk. Reserve half of this mixture in a small bowl to make into a sauce.
Arrange the salmon in a shallow bowl and pour the other half of the mixture over the fish. Cover and let marinate refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Transfer the reserved sauce mixture to a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until it begins to bubble and thicken.
Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe skillet and sear each side of the salmon (skin side down first) without disturbing for the first 3 to 4 minutes of sear time on each side. (This allows the surface to caramelize, so the fish won't tear apart when you flip it.) Transfer the pan to the oven to finish the fish - a further 5 to 7 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fillets. Do not overcook the fish. It is done when it springs back upon being lightly prodded. Use an oven mitt to remove the pan from the oven (that handle will be hot). Transfer salmon to a platter and let rest.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Marinated Salmon Seared in a Pepper Crust with Cucumber Vinaigrette, Irish Smoked Salmon on Brown Bread Crostini with Hard-Cooked Egg Aioli, Spiced Salmon Kebabs with Yogurt Sauce, Dinner Party, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes