Mushroom Pizza with Quail Egg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry dough (often sold in 17 or 18-ounce packages containing 2 (9 or 10-inch) square sheets of puff pastry)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 or 2 eggs, beaten for egg wash
- 8 quail eggs, raw, fresh in shell
Heat butter in a saute pan and cook shiitake and chanterelle mushrooms with garlic until tender. While mushrooms are cooking, roll out pastry dough on a board. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper, remove from heat, stir in chives, and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Using a circle cutter, cut out 8 (3-inch) diameter dough circles and place on a baking sheet. (You can also cut into 3 by 3-inch squares). Place a spoonful of mushrooms on each pastry circle. Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, then pull out the baking sheet and crack a quail's egg in the center of each "pizza" Bake 8 minutes more until egg is cooked to sunny side up.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.